Archived Support Site

This support site is archived. You can view the old support discussions but you cannot post new discussions.

Membrr with CartThrob

Sarah

23 Apr, 2011 03:13 PM

I am working with EE2 and CartThrob2 to set up a website for my business. The CartThrob shopping cart is mostly setup (except for a payment gateway), and I am able to add products (entries in a "product" channel).

Now that I have installed Membrr and OpenGateway to handle the subscriptions and recurring billing, I need help in understanding how to put the pieces together:

CartThrob has a {exp:cartthrob:add_to_cart_form} tag pair that allows me to add products to the shopping cart. How does this work with Membrr? Can I still use the CartThrob "add to cart" tag pair so that customers can purchase a subscription through the cart?

If so, how does the "plan id" get passed along in the order so that the Membrr system knows to which plan the customer is subscribing?

Also, if the above questions are possible, how can the information gathered in the CartThrob cart {exp:cartthrob:checkout_form} tag pair also be used in place of the {exp:membrr:order_form} tag pair?

This is a very confusing subject for me, and hopefully the answers posted here will help others with the same questions.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Brock on 23 Apr, 2011 03:24 PM

Hello Sarah,

Membrr and CartThrob can be installed on the same EE system but they
    do not interact or integrate in any way. CartThrob products use their
    add to cart forms, checkouts, etc. and Membrr uses its order form.
    Neither would integrate with the other, unfortunately.

2. 2 Posted by Sarah on 23 Apr, 2011 04:26 PM

Thank you for responding.

So, it is impossible for the subscription to be purchased through the CartThrob shopping cart with other products?

If so, I have a few more questions:

1. Will I still be able to post subscriptions in the "product" channel using entries? If so, how does the "plan id" figure into this?

2. Currently, on the product page, I use a CartThrob "add to cart" tag pair to add physical products to the cart. How does Membrr add the subscription to its own order form? Meaning, what type of code or button should I use in place of the "add to cart" tag pair that will take the customer to the Membrr order form for that plan id?

Any advice is greatly appreciated!

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Brock on 23 Apr, 2011 06:38 PM

Hi Sarah,

1. You can use whatever means you would like to list your subscription products and their plan_id's, as long as the Membrr order form is populated with the plan_id when it's submitted.

2. Again, this is up to you. Some people pass the plan_id with a query_string to the order form, others hard-code it because they have only one subscription plan. It's up to you.

I wish I could provide more assistance but it's really quite open. All you need is to populate the plan_id field in the Membrr order form in the end, but you can use whatever means necessary.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac